Friday, April 22, 2011

Every Pound

Just came back from an evening jog, I downloaded some old podcast to listen to while I run my laps at Boni High Street. It said that we should honor our God in everything we do. He wants to be part of our whole life -- every aspect of it.

So enough with the excuses already: I'm really too lazy to exercise and to control my cravings. It is so much easier to grab junk food and c'mon [Selecta] ice cream has been accessible more than ever! So it has been very difficult for me not to give in to this weakness. It is mindless munching especially whenever I think in work. It doesn't help pa that other people around me also like to eat. Kahit my biggest loser challenge pa sa team in the office with penalty for Php 100.00 gained.

So silly as it may sound, I've been praying for the Lord to help me with the weight loss battle! Promise... I was hoping to lose the 40 lbs to return to the ideal weight for my height. Not too much for vanity (mga 10% lang for that reason) but moreso that I may have the energy to do God's work. Keep up with the assignments He will send my way. 

As I reflect on the podcast I was listening to - I will honor my God with every pound that I'm gonna lose! This would be my mantra, my battle cry as I work my way to healthier life before I turn 30 this year. Sorry kung mababaw for others but this is a personal struggle that I have been working on since I started to gain weight and I feel that I am working against what He designed me to be with all this extra pounds I have.

I think it would go hand in hand with the spiritual strengthening I am getting from my church. Plus, it is starting to become a thing for me and my hubby as we spend time together doing exercises together instead of just being binge buddies.

Let's do this my Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment